Tryton as you might know already is an OpenSource ERP, a form of OpenERP. Tryton is a three-tiers high-level general purpose application platform under the license GPL-3 written in Python and using PostgreSQL as database engine.
It is the core base of a complete business solution providing modularity, scalability and security.
Tryton CoreThe core of Tryton (also called Tryton kernel) provides all the necessary functionalities for a complete application framework: data persistence, extensive modularity, users management (authentication, fine grained control for data access, handling of concurrent access of resources), workflow and report engines, web services and internationalisation. Thus constituting a complete application platform which can be used for any relevant purpose.
Base ModulesCurrently, the main modules available for Tryton cover the following fields of activity:
- Sale Management
- Purchase Management
- Analytic Accounting
- Inventory Management
Since a few months, I have been observing a good participation on Tryton google group, which is a good sign for Tryton.
Let us introduce a basics : Database Creation, Module Installation, Company Configuration and Google maps!
We will add the post for Tryton Installation very soon.
Create A New Database:-
- To create new database you will go to File Menu at the top of the Tryton screen then go to Database and Create New Database.
This will create new database in Tryton. Above screen describe that you will change Server Connection which you want and enter Tryton server Password,Database Name,Default Language, Admin Password and Confirm Admin Password and then click on Create button and new database is create.
2. When new database create it will display Module Configuration Wizard first which describe that you configure installation depending on module.
When you click on OK button it will display second Add User screen which describe that you will add New User in Tryton.
When you click on OK button it will display Configure User screen in which you will enter new User Name.
- Active which is describe that user is currently active or not.
- Login which describe that enter login name.
- Password is login password.
- Email Id is user email id,Google Map button which show you address of user.
- Actions that will be run at login.
- You can also give Access right to new created user and Preferences in which you will selected Language and Time Zone.
- Click on Add button it will create or add new user.
Configure Company Module In Tryton:-
- After create new database below screen display to you in which first only one menu display that is Administration.
To configure Company Module you will go to Administration-->Modules-->Modules.
2. When you click on modules menu it will show you all module list in which you find company module and click on that module.
When you configure company module you will click on the Mark for Installation button.
3. After you click on Mark for Installation button you will upgrade that company module from go to Administration --> Modules --> Perform Pending Installation/Upgrade or click on Launch Action button above the Filter Search Box .
- When you click on the Perform Pending Installation/Upgrade it will show you below screen and you click on Start Upgrade button to start upgrade the company module.
Above screen describe that there are four modules in modules to update means Party,Currency and Country modules which depend on Company module so that modules install automatically when you install company module.
5. After install module successfully you will create new company form Party --> Configuration --> Companies --> companies and you can create new company.
Here google maps button available click on that button and it will show you address of the company.
So, we hope that this has helped you serving your aim.